Tuesday, January 12, 2010

we've been friends since before I can remember


NYC was truly a blast. Got to see a lot, do a lot and eat a lot. More fun details to come later this week. The trip had dual purpose.... we got to visit the city but we also brought the city home with us. Our good friend Chris Tracy (living in Brooklyn) is an amazing artist and will be opening a gallery show this Friday at the Mt. Comfort gallery in Fountain Square. His photographs and art from found objects give me a sense of nostalgia and a desire for the city. I've only seen a small preview but it's sure to be great. Check out some of his work here.

Please come!

We've been friends since before I can remember
Mt Comfort
1651 English Ave, Indianapolis
Opening Reception 7pm


I also want to give a shout out to Casey Roberts (founder of Mt. Comfort). He is one of my favorite artists in Indianapolis and I'm simply in love with his wonderful paintings. I want to live in his work- his world of trees and lakes and butterflies. They are a magical place of escape or they hint at treasured memories from the past. I'm no art expert but they make me happy. Yes, they are even comforting. Check out his portfolio here.



No comments: