Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Feeling the Vintage Vibe

Between the chilly temps and my move to the new house, I've had cause to stop and really evaluate which direction my wardrobe is taking. I must admit, even though I lived for over one year in the fashion capitol of London, my wardrobe is looking a little tired. Comfort has been the priority, and I have a secret addiction to jersey knits and leggings. Black is the predominant color, mostly for ease of styling and hey, shouldn't I look the part of a designer (Edith Head anyone?)

I remember back in the day I used to collect and wear the most beautiful vintage pieces. 50's circle skirts with vivid prints were a particular passion. Well, I think I'm ready to get back into the mix. Maybe not with the same energy of my early 20's or college day thrift store habits. I have been delighted to find access to some great vintage stores through good old Etsy. Now that I've taken the time to look, I see just how many there are and how easy it is to shop. I'm giving a shout to to a couple of my new finds and always on the look out for more.


dear golden is right at the top of my list! I absolutely love her aesthetic and styling. Good price points and she also offers gift certificates. Here are just a few of her stylish offerings:































The next showcase goes to the etsy seller redhedgingerbread. I love her accessories and am especially broken hearted to have missed out on a fabulous "pheasant feather" print clutch. I also like all of the unique pins:












And on that note I'm off to look for more vintage finds..... give me a shout if you have any great vintage finds of your own!

No comments: